October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 0 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Newest Members
Michael Brennan, Beatrice Doran, Joe Kenny, Tony Brady, James Peters
544 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21357 - 04/13/17 07:30 PM May Meeting and AGM  
John Maguire Offline
Committee Member
John Maguire  Offline
Committee Member
Regular

Dublin 12
We will be holding our AGM at the May ClubMac Meeting. Members will shortly get their official notice about the AGM. Going forward we are still looking for a couple of new Committee Members. Now is your chance to come forward and influence the running of the Club. We do hope to keep Noel Davidson as our trainer. Perhaps change things slightly but it needs the input of the members. We could try a workshop format one month but this requires everyone having to bring in their laptops and everybody having the relevant software. Noel tells me he really enjoys coming and meeting everyone as well as passing on his tips and knowledge. Tom Martin has been doing a great job on the 'Whats New in the Mac World'. Also I would like to thank Peter O'Reilly for coming up from Wicklow to do the Technical Queries. Again Peter likes coming and meeting old and not so old friends in ClubMac. The ClubMac meetings would not happen without the organising skills of Sylvia and we all appreciate the food and snacks as well as beverages. Hope to see you all at the AGM.

#21359 - 04/20/17 11:49 AM Re: May Meeting and AGM [Re: John Maguire]  
John Maguire Offline
Committee Member
John Maguire  Offline
Committee Member
Regular

Dublin 12
Folks, We really need a couple of new Committee members. A couple of the existing board had indicated they may not be continuing. I don't mind continuing for a couple more years but we have lost a few regulars and really need 2 more new members on the Committee to bolster it. It doesn't require anyone having to attend regular meetings, we do all that is needed by email, phone and I think mainly at the monthly meetings. We did have one meeting about 2 years ago over Coffee and biscuits, that was it. We sometimes need a bit of cover if I am away on Holidays and same when Tom is away. We havn't had any new Committee members since Gary joined and a few can no longer make it to meetings. Richard Bannister, everyone knows is still on the Committee and does a lot behind the scenes on the computer end. He simply hasnt the time due to work committments to make the Meetings. I forgot to thank Richard for all the work he does, and advice and encouragement. Stephanie Joy also is busy and tries to make as many meetings as possible. And some member have courses to attend on Wednesdays.
I urge a couple of members to put their names forward, you wont be left alone or suddenly asked to make long speeches or organise training. Of course if someone is looking to give short presentations or organise workshops etc maybe bring something new in to the meetings, I would be delighted.

#21369 - 05/05/17 11:26 AM Re: May Meeting and AGM [Re: John Maguire]  
Tom Martin Offline
Committee Member
Tom Martin  Offline
Committee Member
Regular

Dublin
In my What's New presentation, I mentioned that the Internet Archive had ported a number of classic Map apps and games (e.g. MacPaint, HyperCard). You can start your trip down memory lane here:

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_mac

Last edited by Tom Martin; 05/05/17 11:26 AM.
#21372 - 05/08/17 06:06 PM Re: May Meeting and AGM [Re: John Maguire]  
Tom Martin Offline
Committee Member
Tom Martin  Offline
Committee Member
Regular

Dublin
The memo of the meeting and Annual General Meeting can be viewed here:

http://clubmac.ie/#may17

Thanks to Sylvia for the thorough notes of the AGM.

Join the Club
Membership of ClubMac costs €30 for one year and brings many benefits. Click here to learn more.
Shout Box
Forum Statistics
Forums11
Topics4,285
Posts21,019
Members544
Most Online117
Jan 23rd, 2007